Monday, March 16, 2015

United Way Gala

United Way hosted this wonderful Gala that consisted of a silent auction, a live auction (including some gong items). The purpose of this Gala was to raise money for children who need books. They really emphasized how one book can change the life of a child! The generosity of the participants was so inspiring. All of the other volunteers and I had a great time helping out with these auctions!
 
I'd like to add that it was so awesome to see so many queens in the area coming together to promote United Way! One of the main purposes of the Miss America Organization is to provide service opportunities for its participants! Making volunteerism and service the focus of our titles is what makes them meaningful. This is one of the facets of my platform! I love emphasizing the service aspect of the Miss America Organization. #createthegood
 
Just modeling all the gong items!
The auctioneer totally let me auction off a few gong items. I got to call out numbers and deliver a few of the great coupons and stuff. I felt so official.


Might I add how much I loved getting to know these girls? I cannot wait to go to Miss Utah with some of them, we are going to have a blast. Their company is so inspiring and enjoyable! 92 days to go until Miss Utah!

 
I spy 3 Orem royalty in this picture! Jackie and Abby were so great to come and help out! I love them :)
 
This is Natalie Jaco, Miss Northern Utah County and I simply love her! We hung out for the second half of the event and we had a party. We were a good team while handling all of the auction items! Fun stuff.
We may have gotten some delicious dessert. It even had a fancy leaf on top!
So grateful that our job included chairs. Most of the volunteers had to stand the entire event in heels...We chose our jobs wisely.
 
 
Among all the issues that United Way promotes, education and reading is one of the best! It was such a pleasure to support this great cause. All of the volunteers were so impressed by United Way's dedication to improve the lives of these young kids who need books.
 
They are currently in need of reading partners for students in the area! Please consider getting involved in this incredible program. Go to unitedway.org to get involved in their wonderful volunteer opportunities!
 
 
Love, Maddi Millard
Miss Orem 2014-2015

#createthegood
createthegood.org


No comments:

Post a Comment