Saturday, March 7, 2015

International Women's Expo

 Happy International Women's Day!
After today, I have an incredible new respect for the dozens of pageant organizations in Utah! I loved seeing the diversity and variety in all our beautiful queens! Just to name a few, in attendance was, Miss Utah Model International, Miss United Nations USA Brazil, Miss United Nations USA Mexico, Miss United Nations USA India, Miss United Nations USA Palestine, Miss United Nations USA Bolivia, and Miss United Nations USA Iran, Miss Peru Utah, Miss Africa Utah, Miss Black Utah, Miss Teen Asia Utah, Rocky Mountain Queen, Tiny Miss New York, Little Miss World, Little Miss America Samoa, Little Miss Beauty of the World...the list goes on!!! Who knew!? All of these girls participated in a parade of nations where we modeled the flags from their nation.



This was quite possibly the cutest little girl I've ever seen. She started out acting a little shy, but once I started talking to her, she started going wild and crazy around the expo! She was absolutely precious. She was my biggest applauder after my piano song, and at the end of the day, she held my hand and told me that she would never forget me. Tender! She also told me I was her favorite...but that is probably something she said to everybody.

Miss Cache Valley and Teen and I loved representing the Miss America (and Teen) Organizations! We were the only 3 girls there with these kinds of crowns on, it was easy to spot us.


Backstage bonding. You've got to love it.


I have never seen so many unique crowns in one place in my life! This picture didn't even capture all of the girls, there were lots and lots of us and we had a blast!

I got to perform my favorite piano song, Danza del Gaucho Matrero! It seemed appropriate since this is an Argentine song and I was trying to contribute to the multi-cultural event!


 Here goes the parade of women!





 

 My mom and I bought a hand made basket from Ghana! We were then invited to Miss Africa Utah pageant next month! So many awesome organizations that I didn't even know about!
Among all of the awesome booths, There was this incredible guy who carved my title into a ring! I now have a crown ring and this one that says "Miss Orem 2014" with a bunch of hearts. I think this was one of the highlights. I am going to wear this ring everywhere!!


 

AMERICA!!!!!



 



There were selfies happening everywhere you looked. You've got to publicize the event, of course!
 
 


What better way to finish off the morning? I love my mommy.
Even with so much diversity in culture and background, I loved how we were all there for the same purpose: to celebrate womanhood! Each of these girls was so impressive and motivated to create good in their community. Their platforms were inspiring, and their friendliness was a blast!

Love, Maddi Millard
Miss Orem 2014-2015

#createthegood
createthegood.org
Did I mention that the Utah Cultural Celebration Center is absolutely Beautiful?




No comments:

Post a Comment