Saturday, March 7, 2015

National Pancake Day

Queens all around the country were at their local IHOP to support the Children's Miracle Network (CMN)! It was incredible to see everybody coming together to raise money for the Primary Children's Hospital. One of my favorite things about the Miss America Organization is that it teams up with CMN and has each participant collect money every year. It feels so good to be making a direct difference in the lives of these children by helping with financial demands.
Take a look at all the people who donated to CMN! These cards filled the walls of the entire restaurant!
Miss Provo and Miss Rocky Top took the first shift, I took the next :)


For the first time in my life, I was addressed by the name QUEEN ELSA! I think I'm going to put my hair in a braid more often, these little kids were ecstatic to have the real Elsa right there!



I got myself some adorable fans! They were literally watching me through that window for a solid 20 minutes while I walked around the restaurant. It was tender :)

The women in charge of this project deserve a gold medal! They were there all day, making an incredible impact on these customers! Their knowledge on the CMN blew me away, the statistics and facts are so moving.

Working hard!

The cooks need some credit too!
 


The best part of this day was seeing people come in for free pancakes, and leave with a better appreciation for the Primary Children's Hospital. Such an incredible day!!

Love, Maddi Millard
Miss Orem 2014-2015

#Createthegood
Createthegood.org
 

No comments:

Post a Comment