Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day at Orchard Elementary

I got to team up with my darling Little Miss Orem, Presley Thomas, today as we went and spoke to her class about choosing to be kind and making others feel special! We talked about the affect that being nice can have, a message that can never be said too much.
 


Presley's smile kills me in this picture! Cutest smile ever.
Presley was my little wing-woman! She helped me hand out the wristbands and the book which was much needed. :)

When a 6'4 girl with a crown walks into an elementary school... it cracks me up what reactions I get. One little boy watched me as I walked past their class in the hall, and he said to me, "you're so high!" I guess "high" is the new "tall" according to these kiddos. haha

We took turns writing "yo soy especial" which means "I am special" in Spanish. When I was their age, I was in Spanish immersion and wrote "yo soy especial" in my journal every day. I told them that the best way to feel special, is to make somebody else feel special! Even on the days when you are feeling sad or lonely, you can get happy by sharing, saying please and thank you, and being a good friend! They promised me they would make an effort.

 
This little boy in the corner totally brightened my day! As I was leaving, he told me I was cute. I guess he just figured he'd never see me again, so he had to just tell me then and there! Tender moment.


They all took one wristband for themselves and another one to give to a friend! They say "Create the Good" on them, so they told me they would all do their best to be a good friend, and make their friends happy to fulfill what the wristband says!
 


I love seeing these little names added to my Create the Good journal!
 
A big thanks to Presley and her mom for inviting me to come and speak! It was so much fun to see her in her own element in class. She is such a sweetheart and we were a good team!

Love, Maddi Millard
Miss Orem 2014-2015
 
#createthegood
createthegood.org
   


No comments:

Post a Comment