Saturday, April 21, 2012

Miss Orem 2011 Farewell Post

As I was reflecting about passing on the title of the "reigning Miss Orem," I began to think about the amazing journey of this past year.
 Being a part of the Miss America Organization as a city title holder has been a remarkable journey of self-discovery and development, as well as a journey of friendship and service.
 As I've read through my journal and looked at my scrapbook and pictures, I smiled as I thought about the memories and adventure of this past year.
 I have learned that life truly is what you make of it. Take advantage of the opportunities you have. Create opportunities in which you are interested.
 Orem City provides the opportunity of the Miss Orem Scholarship program.  For me, participating in the Miss Orem Scholarship Program has been life altering.
 Not only have I learned about myself and solidified my passions and areas of interest,
 but the power and platform of the Miss Ameria Organization has opened doors and made it possible for me to have a personal platform,
 to speak about my platform and to make a concrete difference in my community.
 Participating in and making a difference through pageants is not for everyone, but there are many ways in which to make a difference. 
 There are committees, organizations, and boards at the city, state and national levels.
 Each one of us can grow, serve, and make a difference in our communities and in this wonderful country in which we live.
 I want to thank the City of Orem; the Miss Orem Committee Members; the Orem Department of Public Safety, Traffic Division; my friends; and my family.
 Thank you for all that you do, for me and for our community. This year has been a dream come true.
Love, Hannah Harkness
Miss Orem 2011
"It takes courage to travel to places you have never been before, to test your limits and to break through barriers."

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, you have been an OUTSTANDING Miss Orem!! I have loved watching you grow and carry your responsibilities with grace and dignity. Watching you at Miss Utah will be a pleasure. You are truly beautiful inside and out :)
    Love you, Dawn

    ReplyDelete