Friday, May 15, 2015

Senior Center

Ever since I won this title, I have been wanting to come perform for the Senior Friendship Center! This is the building where we have our Miss Orem workshops and I wanted to come during the time of a different use! I had the pleasure of talking to them about my platform, my year as Miss Orem, and then I performed my Miss Utah talent for them. They were so incredibly welcoming! The second I walked into the room, everybody was smiling and saying congratulations and thanks for being here... it was so sweet! These people were filled with questions and stories that made the afternoon very entertaining. I probably got asked about 12 times how tall I am,  most of them guessed correctly! Good ole' 6 feet (6'6" if you count crown and heels).
Them: "Why would you wear heels if you are already so tall?" Me: "Sorry...I like heels."
 

 As I was performing, one of the gentlemen was sitting next to my mom and said to her, "Do you think we could ask her to play the Schwartz waltz? I don't like this boogie woogie stuff." haha I wouldn't call Ginastera boogie woogie. sorry sir, I don't know how to play any waltzes. Next time I will come prepared!
 You've got to love how all piano pictures look the same.  I did play a few different songs, but you can't quite tell from the pictures.



This cute lady was telling me that I looked like her old friend who had won Miss America in the 50's! I definitely took that as a compliment, hopefully I can follow in her footsteps!


 I should have brushed up on my Chinese before I came (the Chinese that I am incapable of speaking)! This awesome man was so kind, he was telling me that he and his friends will cheer for me at Miss Utah!

Thank you to these awesome people for all the good luck wishes for Miss Utah! Their positive vibes will be very comforting that week as I go to represent this incredible community and all the people in it.

Love, Maddi Millard
Miss Orem 2014
#createthegood
createthegood.org

No comments:

Post a Comment