Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Miss Orem 2015!




Hello everyone! My name is Jesse Craig and I am Miss Orem 2015. It still hasn't really hit me yet that I am Miss Orem. It's been a dream of mine for so long and I can't believe that it's actually happened! I truly am blessed. So you can get to know a little bit about me - since hopefully you'll continually be reading up on the Miss Orem Organization's adventures ;) - I'll just share a few things: I just finished my Freshman year at the University of Utah and am hoping to obtain degrees in Political Science and Biology. I love country music, Costco chocolate cake, bursting out into random songs, dance parties, and learning about math, English, and history.


The pageant was such a fantastic experience. I'm so grateful that we began having workshops in February so that all of us contestants could become so close. It was also so nice because every single girl was so encouraging, supportive, and kind. We had absolutely no stereotypical pageant drama ;). 


My royalty is incredible. We are all so different and I love it! Just so you can get to know them a little  better, here's a few things about each girl: 


McCall Butler is my first attendant and is so down to earth and easy to talk to. She makes everyone feel loved. She also almost has her Associate's Degree as an Engineer at UVU! So she's not just drop dead gorgeous, she's also a genius. McCall is also so spontaneous and will just burst out with a crazy dance move or joke out of nowhere. 


Daisy Allred is my second attendant. She is so flamboyant and confident! She will randomly just start dancing, singing, or walking with a flair and style that's all her own. She also attends UVU and is majoring in the performing arts. Daisy is also so passionate about her beliefs and stalwartly stands by them. 


Abby Lee is my third attendant. Abby is just radiant and makes everyone feel important and included. She attends UVU and is on a running scholarship. Not only is she an incredible runner, but she is also an exceedingly talented dancer as you can see above. Basically, she's talented, athletic, intelligent and a fantastic all-around girl.






Then of course there's my little sister Jacquelyn Jenkins. Jackie is beautiful and so talented. She knows sign language, she dances, and she is a cheerleader for Orem High School. Not only does she have all those talents, but she just glows because of the beauty she has on the outside and inside. Jackie has already made me feel so loved and I know this year with her will be one for the books.


I am beyond excited for this year. I'm so lucky to have my family, friends, royalty, and director as my supporters. I know I have HUGE shoes to fill following Maddi Millard and other past Miss Orems, but I'm willing to assume the challenge! Here's to the start of an auspicious year!!


Love,
Jesse Craig
Miss Orem 2015




1 comment: