Thursday, May 21, 2015

Culver's Ribbon Cutting


I certainly have been able to hit the ground running since being crowned as Miss Orem! On Tuesday I had my first event which was a ribbon cutting for the new Culver's restaurant! I was initially very nervous what with it being my first event and all, but from the moment I walked in the building I was greeted by warm and friendly people who were excited to have me there, so my anxiety went away!







The owners of the new Culver's are so amiable and professional. They graciously welcomed all who came to the grand opening. A fun fact about them: they are only in their late twenties! Wow. Clearly their perseverance and dedication has paid off. And I couldn't help but notice that they look like real life versions of Barbie and Ken.



It was such an honor to have Craig Culver attend the ribbon cutting and hear the story of how he and his wife began Culver's. He emphasized the point that the business franchise isn't about the money, it's about the people. Making sure families are comfortable and satisfied has been his goal, and he certainly has accomplished that from what I've seen! 



One of my good friends Lauren works at Culver's so it was really exciting to see a familiar face there at the opening!


Jackie and I got to try some of Culver's famous frozen custard. Let me tell you, it is famous for a reason. It's so flavorful, creamy, and tastes like an angel bestowed heavenly grace upon it. I HIGHLY recommend it!



This was such a fantastic event! I'm so glad I got to become more closely acquainted with members of the community, city council, and chamber of commerce. Even though I've only been Miss Orem for a short time, interacting with these people has certainly begun to enhance my growth as a leader and spokesperson of the community. I can't wait for more opportunities like these to arise throughout this year!


Love,

Jesse Craig
Miss Orem 2015 




1 comment: