Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Final Countdown...So Bittersweet.

I haven't blogged in a while because I've been sooo busy as usual. Here's what I've missed!
Miss Orem is next Saturday! Can't believe it's already been a year. This is the poster for this year's pageant. We're doing a cute animal theme.

This was at "Reading With the Stars" at Cascade Elementary. It was a literacy event where Brenna and I got to read to the kids. They loved us. Someone left roses on our chairs, and we gave out autographs for like 20 minutes afterwards!


This was at the Miss Utah shoot with all the other contestants. We did a Valentine's day Mascarade theme. It was really fun. I have to admit I was a little intimidated at the idea of it, but I was happily surprised when everyone was so down-to-earth and friendly to each other. We all had so much fun together and got along great. It made me look forward to Miss Utah week.
Hair credit for this photo shoot goes to the wonderful Kelli's Hair Design! She is awesome. She's been taking care of my hair all year and I love the color and the cut. She also styled it for the shoot. I'm happy my hair is growing a lot because she is helping to keep it nice and healthy. She is great and if you're looking into getting a new stylist, go to her!


Once again, this year we had the "In her shoes" gala with United way and Women in Philanthropy. I always love this event because we get to dress up, help raise money for troubled kids, and see all the other pageant girls. We had a lot of fun. Mallory was there too, but she isn't in the picture. The live auction part of this event is so exhilarating and they did it in the new "Natural Curiosity" museum that's opening up in Thanksgiving Point. That place is soo cool. 

I had 2 shoots with Michael this week and we had a blast together. He is really talented and we ended up with great stuff. He worked tirelessly after having his hard drive crash and having to shoot and edit everything under pressured time. Thank you Micheal Portanda Photography!
(also, thanks to Miss Provo Sasha Heaps for letting me borrow her dress!)





These are the girls in my Miss Orem's club at Westmore Elementary. We're having the girl scout troop and these lovely girls do our flag ceremony at the pageant on Saturday. They are all so excited. I love working with them every Thursday. They are always so excited to see me and ask me all sorts of questions.

This was at the ribbon cutting for the new Ulta store in Orem. There was a huge line along the building of people waiting for us to open the doors! These people don't mess around when it comes to getting a discount on makeup! haha We had fun and the girls we met were great. (Shout out to Miss Spanish Fork who works here!)

This was at the inaguration of the new mayor, Mayor Brunst. Orem High's choir was there to sing at a certain point in the program and that's who this is. Although I have enjoyed spending time with Mayor Evans and like him a lot, it was good meeting Mayor Brunst. He seems like a very good, capable leader for the city. (I also met and talked to the President of my school Matthew Holland, and we took a picture but I can't find it. For some reason I felt like I was meeting a celebrity and I got all nervous haha)

This is at the Opening social for the pageant. Brenna and I both spoke, we had a great turn out, and we accidentally matched our outfits.



This picture to the right is at a workshop. The girls have been working so hard on walking, interview, and their opening number dance. Here they are practicing. They are going to do amazing this saturday.
I had a meeting with Tuttle Family Dentistry and they are interested in sponsorship! I am excited for that! 
Body4Change has been absolutely awesome. I am getting in such better shape than I was before. I am constantly improving, and it's fun to feel accomplished and compete with myself. I love beating my times in sprints and lifting more weight and doing more reps. I feel like I'm getting good! I still want to keep getting better for Miss Utah though! I would recommend them to anyone. Personal training has been the perfect thing for me to get into killer shape. After having this experience, I don't want to go back to a big gym where everyone watches each other and girls get dressed up. I like going to see people who actually know me and care about me enough to work with me and make workouts specifically for what I need.

 I am getting tough too! The weights give me callouses on my hands and the turf gives my knees scrapes, but I love it! haha I feel rough and tough!




 (This is my trainer Zach and this is what I gave him for his b-day because he always wears black.)

Response marketing is also a sponsor now! The people with HR there worked with me and they were so nice. I am very appreciative for everything they did for me.

RKP Beauty is awesome! Here's some more of her recent work! She is such a talented nail artist and I love talking to her every time. She has become a good friend, and I will never be able to go without her amazing lash extensions and nails.


 I got my talent costume for Miss Utah! Here it is! We are still going to make some minor changes to it.

I got a sponsor from It Works! Wraps. I am so excited to start wrapping my legs, bum, and tummy to look my best for Miss Utah! Wendy Atkins is great, and if you've ever been interested in getting wraps, she is the one to go to! Give her a call! This is her business card.

I got to see the wonderful La Shanda Hill again this week with Mary Kay! She is awesome and has provided me with all the necessities for looking great for my events. Mary Kay has skin care (which I love for zits and anti-aging) and also make up. I have loved using their stuff and going through La Shanda.
My friends and family have been helping me so much lately with getting ready for Miss Orem and Miss Utah, and I'm so grateful for all the support and love I have from all of you. Thank you to Kena Worthen and Amy Tuttle for all the help with my dance! 
Happy Spring Everyone!
-Sydney
MO 2013 :)




No comments:

Post a Comment