Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Last Day of the Crown

        Every little girl dreams of being a princess, and I was no exception. As a child I had tiaras to match every dress I wore. Who knew that dreams can become a reality? Once that crown was placed on my head as Miss Orem Oustanding Teen, my life changed forever! There came a responsibility to be my absolute best at all times. Suddenly, I was a role model, public speaker and a civil servant–all while beginning my first year of high school. I had no idea what a crazy ride this was going to be!

There was a wonderful support system in place to train me and get me started. Parades, Summerfest, charity fundraisers, performing at schools, reading with the children, ribbon cuttings for new business, attending Orem’s Lights On, Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day services, the groundbreaking of the new city pool, were all exciting events to be a part of. Orem is such a great 
place to live and there is way more happening here than I ever realized!
Probably my favorite service was my involvement as a troop leader with the Westmore Elementary Girl Scouts. I loved working with the girls and helping them build self-esteem and friendships.

Going to the State Pageant was an amazing challenge and thrill. It literally took a team of volunteers and sponsors to help me prepare. I worked harder on my talent than ever before! I learned that hard work really does pay off as I was able to win the Talent Preliminary doing a very difficult French Opera piece.
I have learned that I can do anything I put my mind to. If I am committed and dedicated and work hard, nothing can stop me. This is a lesson I will carry with me throughout my life.

I suppose the thing that means the most to me are the relationships that have grown from this experience. There is no director in the world like Kim. I consider her a second mother. Sydney was always there to show me the way and help me know what to do in any situation. I consider her a big sister. My sister Haley miraculously transformed every gown to fit. I owe her a great debt. My family supported me in every way and I love them dearly.

I feel this is just the beginning of great things to come for me. I will make a difference in this world and this experience taught me how to do that. 

      I am literally hours away from handing the crown down to the next Miss Orem Outstanding Teen and I cannot believe it has already happening. This whole year as whizzed by with amazing experiences that have been irreplaceable. I hope you all come to the pageant tonight. The talent of the girls are incredible and I think anyone of them would make a fabulous queen.


Thank you for everything!
Brenna Jeffs 
Miss Orem Outstanding Teen 2013








No comments:

Post a Comment