Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Motivational Speaking

In my reign as Miss Orem I am finding that I really do enjoy public speaking more than I ever thought I could. I like speaking to all kinds of gatherings; adults, peers, youth, large audiences or small groups. But there is something truly magical about speaking to young girls. Their faces light up so brightly as they talk about their hopes and dreams.
Yesterday I was able to speak to such a group - beautiful young girls.

We talked about the importance of liking yourself, setting goals and working on your goals every day.

I told them about goals I set as a young girl and about the challenges of working on your goals every day. It is so important to "have courage and not get discouraged."

We then played chimes as we sang familiar songs.

Music is a universal language.

Each girl had the chance to wear my crown and take a picture.

That's one of my favorite parts of speaking to a small group - everyone can try on the crown if they'd like.

There's always time for a silly moment. Thanks girls.

Love, Hannah Harkness

Miss Orem 2011

1 comment:

  1. Your contents give me more creational ideas that I can possibly use on my web page too.
    team building south africa life masters

    ReplyDelete