Wednesday, August 6, 2014

New Pool in Town!


 The Miss Orem and Teen royalty had such a great time at the Grand Opening of the new leisure pool at the Orem Rec center! We were honored to be invited and even recognized on the official flyer :)


One of my favorite things was
handing out mini beach balls.
I made lots of little friends as they
all crowded around and asked for one.
 
I love my little brother. He came on his birthday and I had everyone sing happy birthday to him and to the new pool. 
My neighbor, Syntha Hurst, played a very influential role in building the rec center in the first place. She is an inspiring woman and I'm grateful for her contribution that has brought us this awesome building!


yea, it was really hot.





The official ribbon cutting!!!

Unlike a few others, I did not get in the water all the way. But I am glad the rest of the royalty and the Mayor were cool enough to do so :)

First one down the slide! Our Mayor is awesome.





Yupp, there go our girls!




 
I love these awesome, adventurous girls. Never a dull moment here!


I didn't get wet, but I did get to kiss the cougar:)



It was so nice to finish up the morning with a free lunch! Nothing better than free hotdogs. I was so glad to see so many people from our community come and enjoy this grand opening. It was a pleasure to be a part of it and I know this new pool is going to bring a lot of fun times to Orem.


Love, Maddi Millard
Miss Orem 2014-2015

#createthegood
createthegood.org
 

No comments:

Post a Comment