Monday, August 25, 2014

I Love to Perform.

This week I had the great opportunity to help my friend with his eagle project! In an effort to raise money for cellos at Lakeridge Jr. High, he organized a fundraiser concert at the Provo Town Center where I got to perform! In addition to various acts who performed before us, I recruited my brother and his friend to sing with me, and we had a great time!

I played a piano solo, sang a solo (which turned into a duet), and I played the guitar and sang; on top of that my little brother performed a couple piano solo's and some legit guitar songs with his friend Shawn! 
Good times :)

This little piano surprisingly had a really good sound!  I felt pretty cool having my songs echoing through the halls of the PTC.
 

My handsome little brother accompanied me on the piano (and played a couple awesome solo's of his own) and his friend Shawn is singing with me! I totally forgot the lyrics mid-song so I made him come join me :) We improvised some random harmonies and made it work despite my shortcomings! 


Not gonna lie, I felt a little high maintenance making these boys hold my microphones for me!
This is Ben! He did a great job planning out this whole project and I was grateful to be a part of it! I am a big believer in the importance of the arts in school. Music, art, and theater all add so much to the school systems and benefit the students in more ways than one! I can easily say that his cause was a worthy one that I fully supported!

I just happened to run into another pageant girl, Coryne North! 

As always, I loved performing!!! Every time I get to sing or play with this crown on, my gratitude increases for this wonderful program.

Love, Maddi Millard
Miss Orem 2014-2015

#createthegood
createthegood.org
 

No comments:

Post a Comment