Sunday, November 17, 2013

Time Flies!

I am so busy but I love it because I am accomplishing so much in this one year and having so much fun!
This was at the end of the summer after Guys and Dolls at the Hale Center Theater. (We just forgot to blog about it so here it is late)
 On Monday we went to the Veteran's day program at the memorial at Orem Cemetary, and it seriously made me cry. Orem High school choir and band did an excellent job with music, all the speakers were amazing. I cried when they did the 21 gun salute and the bugals because it reminded me of my Grampa's funeral. We got to cheer for all the different branches that we knew of someone in and I got to cheer for a lot since I know so many people who have served. I am so grateful for the men and women who protect our freedom. In this first picture we got to hold a real piece of the Berlin wall. I was literally in awe. Amazing.

With Mayor Evans

This was me and Kim (our wonderful director) at the Miss Utah's Outsanding Teen pageant. We watched Brenna do amazing and represent our program so beautifully. We were so proud of her. I am grateful for Kim and how supportive she is of us. She has backed me up so many times, and I know I couldn't do this without her because there are so many things I forget!

This was at our very last parade. The BYU homecoming parade. My neighbor Sydney Otto loaned me a BYU sweatshirt to wear, and we had an absolute blast. I love these royalty girls. I also saw my good friends Hannah Miss Utah County and Sasha Miss Provo!





Brenna and I were able to go to the ground breaking for the new pool that they are adding on to the Orem fitness center! It was so fun! All I could think about were the ground breakings on "The prince and me" and "Princess Diaries" and movies like that. I felt so important and it was so cool that we got the privilege of doing that right along side the mayor, city council members, and the architects and contractors. 

The mayor and his wife have been so kind to me and I appreciate them so much. They made a generous contribution to my Miss Utah fund, and I felt so touched by it. I will always remember their example of selflessness and service to the community.
I have made major progress in my raising money for Miss Utah! This is my new card that I am passing out to help raise some more funds. I am about half way there!

I got a photography sponsor this week who is awesome! His name is Michael Portanda and he is sooooo talented. Go to michaelportandaphotography.com and look at his portfolio! His work is seriously amazing. I am so excited to work with him for all the pictures that I need for Miss Utah, Miss Orem in march, and my send off. We met up and talked about ideas for shooting, and I am so excited!

These pictures are on the back of his cards. They are sooooo cool. He definitely knows what he's doing behind a camera.


I also got a few others this week! RKP Beauty is the best thing in my life! haha okay that may be an exaggeration, but her name is Kid, and she is a nail technician and eyelash stylist. I go to her because she has years of experience and also the education to back it up with. She went to cosmotology school, hair school, nail tech school, and master estitician school, so she basically knows everything there is to know. She works out of her home salon in Provo, and she serioulsy does quality work. I was incredibly impressed. She does my nails and eyelash extensions. I would recommend her to anyone because she is so fun to go see and relax while getting your nails or eyelashes done, and she is one of the rare nail techs that you can actually understand what she's saying! haha I have had nothing but negative experiences with nail salons down here in Utah county, so until I found Kid I didn't have anyone to really recommend to friends looking to get their nails done. One salon was so unsanitary that I grew mold under the acrillic on my thumb nail!! I will never go to anyone else after finding RKP Beauty. She is sanitary, certified, and sooo good at what she does. This is her work on my nails.

This is a before and after picture of my eyelash extensions. I love, love, love them! They make a huge difference in time putting on makeup in the morning and they make your eyes pop! She makes sure she does it right so that there is no damage to your eyelashes and they don't fall out or clump or look crappy.

call her at 801-850-8055 to set up your appointment! She's awesome.

Love my lashes!
The wonderful woman doing my hair is Kelli's Hair design, and she is awesome. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures, but I will update this next week with some. She is so nice and so talented. She works next to the Arby's in the building on State Street across from the University Mall. I would recommend her to any one because her services are done well, but her prices are not through the roof. She's great. She is working on my hair extensions now. Get an appointment with her to look great for the Holidays! Her number is 801-362-8911. She is flexible and great with working around your schedule. 
This is Brenna with the girl scout troop at Westmore Elementary. She taught them for the last 8 weeks, and now I am taking over! I am so excited to work with these girls. Next week they are doing another sign up and we are anticipating having even more girls this time. We are going to have weekly meetings and, of coarse, sell girl scout cookies in the spring! This is such an interesting role reversal because I was a girl scout when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade. I loved it then, and so I am so excited to share that enthusiasm with these girls as well. 
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!! Next Monday, the 25th of November, the "Lights On" event is happening at the City center. It is usually so fun. The kids have so much fun flipping the big switch to turn the city Christmas lights on for the year. They usually have a kid choir perform christmas songs, Brenna and I will speak, and so will the wonderful Mayor Evans. We are going around to elementary schools this week to promote the event.
I also have my first Miss Utah workshop this Saturday! So stoked to find out the details for the competition in June! :) 
I'm sure I haven't covered everything, but I got close. Too much to remember!
Have an excellent Thanksgiving!
-Sydney F 
MO 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment