Monday, April 4, 2011

Seize the Day

Hello my glorious friends!

So unfortunately I won't be able to attend the "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" event, due to a family emergency, but I hope you'll take time out of your Saturday to go and support the cause (information is in the last blog post.)

I have 2 more wonderful months of being Miss Orem and it is bittersweet. These next 2 months are scheduled to the max with assemblies, workshops, charity events, and Miss Utah preparation. What a blessing it has been to be Miss Orem, and I'm thrilled that another young woman will get this golden opportunity.

Something that has been on my mind lately is: SEIZE THE DAY. Lately I have found it imperative to look outside myself and truly "seize the day". Sometimes the world seems so dreary and the people in it seem to be so unreliable and disappointing. BUT, the glorious thing that I know to be true is that God is ever present in our lives! God loves all of His children, and that's one thing that we need to realize and act on. There is someone out there who needs our help, whether in the form of a friend, helping hand, or whatever it may be. We must SEIZE THE DAY, and find someone that we can lift to greater heights :)


No comments:

Post a Comment