Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Miss Utah Spring Workshop

After pulling an all-nighter, editing my paperwork again and again (with the help of some incredibly brilliant people), and struggling to put fake eyelashes on, I made it to the workshop with a smile on my face!! I had been looking forward to this workshop for months and I was so excited to finally be there! All the girls were so sweet and friendly, which got me even more excited for the week of Miss Utah. Now that all the paperwork is turned in, all that is left to do now is the fun stuff!
This morning consisted of a meeting, brunch, and the choosing of our contestant number (which determines which night you compete in which competition, and who your roommate is!)
 
This is my little group! In the middle is our hostess (aka mom for the MU week) and right next to me is my roommate!!! She is Miss Millard County, which I find a little hilarious. I love this girl, her name is Kennedy Springer and I actually went to her pageant and saw her crowned a few months ago. She is so down to earth and inspirational so we will definitely have a fun week together.

It's my lucky number!! I was so glad that #6 hadn't been taken by the time I got to choose. I am the 6th kid in my family, I am 6 feet tall, my birthday is the 6th month, my volleyball number was 6, and the past 2 Miss Utah's have been contestant number 6. I am pumped.


 
This is what I looked like for the entire week before the workshop. Working on my paperwork in the park, basking in the sun and fresh air! The platform statement and resume are what the judges will see far before they meet any of us. It's kind of a big deal because it gives the judges a general idea of who you are before they see you in the interview.

This is the red Miss Utah bible.

I cannot wait for the week of Miss Utah! A lot of time and effort is being put into the preparation, and I have no doubt that it will all be worth it. No matter what happens, it is going to be a BLAST! Plus, the support I have already gotten from my family and friends lets me know that everything will work out the way it is supposed to. I love them all.

Love, Maddi Millard
Miss Orem 2014-2015
#Createthegood
createthegood.org


No comments:

Post a Comment