Sunday, April 26, 2015

Hope of America

Cherry Hill Elementary has got some serious spirit! A few days before they went to perform in the Marriott Center for Hope of America, I got to give them my little speech on creating the good. I challenged them to use the music from Hope of America to inspire themselves and others. As always, I requested that they do something nice for somebody before they take off the wristband.




 Just about all of the kiddos got to sign my journal :)
You've got to love a good group selfie!



Her name is Madeline too!
 
Abby and I loved going to the performance on Thursday night! Our job was to direct the military families and first responders to their seats. That job allowed us to see some of the performers backstage, which was pretty awesome.
 

 
 It is impossible to go to this program and not leave beaming with patriotism and pride for America. I am SO proud to be an American and love this country with my whole heart. I think my favorite song is "We Can Be a Light!" "We can be a light, shining everywhere, all across America, showing people that we care. So let your light so shine, helping others find their way, we can turn the darkest night, into the brightest day." AMEN and hallelujah to that. {platform alert!} this song goes right along with Create the Good. We CAN change the world one person at a time.


Speaking of America! Miss America initiated a National Day of Service so all the participants in the Miss America Organization could come together and perform service together. I am 100 zillion % in support of this brilliant idea. Service is easily my favorite "S" of the crown (style, service, scholarship, and success). This program rocks.
 
Love, Maddi Millard
Miss Orem 2014-2015
 
#createthegood
createthegood.org
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment