Sunday, October 4, 2015

Falcon Idol

On Thursday night, Kapri and I channeled our inner Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul and judged Canyon View's Falcon Idol! We had a blast and were blown away by all of the talent. 




The show consisted mainly of girls with one boy. The boy sang "Marry Me" by Train and made every girl in the audience swoon. 

There were so many talented contestants that it was extremely difficult ranking them all! I wanted to give points to so many performers but I had to narrow it down to my top three. It was really interesting, though, being a judge instead of a performer for once. 


Giving critique cards, comments, and making difficult decisions all made being a judge exciting, but difficult. What I learned is that sometimes... a judge's position is far more difficult than a contestant's. This will be great to keep in mind for the future!



During the night, we met a lot of fantastic kids. We had one cute boy in particular who was particularly confident and chatted the night away with us. He even followed through with us daring him to do a back-flip!! He is such a cutie.


Two girls won the competition and they completely deserved to win! They harmonized beautifully together, they were on key, and they even dressed alike! They now have the opportunity to record in a studio!



Falcon Idol was such a great experience! I love my job as Miss Orem. Have I mentioned that?



Gratitude moment:
Today I am grateful for the ability to progress. Sometimes it's easy to focus on our shortcomings and forget to focus on our successes, but learning and growing from our failures is what helps constitute our successes. 

Have a fantastic week! Remember that you are worth it.

Miss Orem 2015-2016
Jesse Craig


No comments:

Post a Comment