Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Busy & Loving It!

It has been so long since I have posted, and so many things have happened! I got a makeup sponsor for the year and for Miss Utah if necessary, and she is absolutely AMAZING! La Shaunda Hill is a Mary Kay beauty consultant who seriously works wonders! I went to her with blemishes, under-eye circles, and eye shadow uncertainty and came out looking (and feeling) like a million bucks! Here are a few pictures of our fun makeup day :)
For those of you who are still buying makeup at Walmart, it is time for a change. I could not believe the difference that these higher quality products made in my overall "glow." The products are extremely inexpensive, and they look so much better than the cheap brands I was using before. Not only are the products better, but having La Shaunda as your guide is better. Standing in an aisle of the grocery store deciding on colors based off of horrible lighting and still in the packaging does not compare in the slightest to the treatment you get with La Shaunda and Mary Kay. She gave me tips for applying the makeup, what colors look best with my skin, how to blend properly, a facial, etc. Sitting down with a makeup professional like La Shaunda was an eye opening experience that saved me from continuing to do my makeup like I did in high school.  

Have you ever heard of "high lighter"? Apparently it is a shimmery substance used around the eyes and temples that highlights them and makes them stand out. This is a beauty trick used by the stars that I had never heard of, and that only Mary Kay sells (I've never seen it anywhere else). That is one of the major differences I notice between these two pictures below. That and actually learning what colors will bring out my eyes, it made my skin look less sallow and my eyes really pop! My eyes actually look like movie star eyes!! :)

Anyway, La Shaunda is the best. She also gave me skin care including microdermabrasion (because my years of tanning are starting to show up via wrinklage on my face) and also a cleansing system (because for some reason acne is a college thing for me instead of high school). La Shaunda is donating 100 dollars to my childrens miracle network fund as well! I have to raise 350$ before Miss Utah, and thanks to Jaxon Peterson (with a whopping 125$ donation!!!!), La Shaunda, and other family and friends, I've made it to my goal! Thank you all so much for supporting me in this and for being so gracious and selfless with your services and monetary contributions. I seriously could not be where I am today without people like these- they are what keep me going and remind me to pay it forward and help others as much as I can.
 My sweet little Josie turned 4 months and got fixed, and Jake turned 2 in July.
We volunteered at a cycling race at Thanksgiving point, and during downtime took the golf cart for a ride. To make a long story short, Brenna+driving=injuries, and we were banned from the golf cart. :) Oh well, we had a blast.
On the 24th of July we were in the Spanish Fork Parade and then returned back to Orem to sing the national anthem before the Owls Baseball game. It was one of the coolest experiences I've had to be able to do.
These pictures were from the Princess Festival at Thanksgiving point. They do an awesome job there every summer with providing little girls a haven for tons of crafts, entertainment, being princesses, and of course, meeting some princesses!
As a sponsored activity Brenna and I got to go indoor rock climbing at the Quarry in Provo. We had so much fun!
On September 1st, my Grampa passed away. He was an extraordinary man and I learned so much from him throughout my life. I will always be grateful for his influence. He will definitely be missed by countless friends and family who loved him dearly. I look up to him and hope to some day become as amazing as he was. 
I went back to Sycamore, Illinois to attend the funeral this last week. And I was blown away by the support from the community and the massive amounts of people who came to show their respect and love for him. This picture does not do him justice at all. Rest in peace Grampa Dingey, I love you and I'll miss you.
My dad read this quote at his funeral because it really encompasses how we all felt about him and how he lived his life. My Grampa has inspired me to live a life like this through my teaching career, Miss Orem service opportunities, and my loved ones. Having this perspective has really made me value the the amazing opportunities I have as Miss Orem and the amazing people I have been able to meet in the process.
Oh, and one more thing.

GOOD LUCK TO THE CURRENT MISS OREM'S OUTSTANDING TEEN BRENNA JEFFS IN THE STATE PAGEANT IN A FEW WEEKS!!!!

-Sydney :)
MO '13



1 comment:

  1. I have as Miss Orem and the amazing people I have been able to meet in the process.
    Oh, and one more thing.
    World of Warcraft Gold Billig
    Gold für WOW Kaufen

    ReplyDelete