Sunday, April 28, 2013

So Long, Farewell


Like a whirlwind this year has come and gone and I cannot believe it is already time to bid farewell. I do hate goodbyes. I cannot express the overwhelming love and grace that fills my heart. The words that I feel, wishing to convey…seem indescribable or far too rare. Nevertheless I can try. 


This year as Miss Orem has been all encompassing as this title has stretched me beyond expectation. I have accomplished what I would have never aspired to before. Miss Orem has caused me to live out of the norm, being an example and has challenged me to become. Through this refining I have come to better know of myself and develop into a strong and more confident young woman.   



With deepest appreciation I want to thank those who saw this potential within me to grow.




I would not have matured and taken on the responsibilities needed without their hand to guide me.



  
These individuals lighted a spark within me, initiating an inner drive that now pushes me on. 




























My eyes have opened to the realization that one person can make a difference. Serving has filled my life with adventure and I have learned that service is not an act but a habit. 



 
 Last night proved unforgettable. It was the book end to an amazing year.. I was able to be behind the scenes and the ultimate hostess for the night as I was able to co-MC with Maddi and my dear friend Rick Meeves.









One of my highlights from the night lied where Me, Rick, my little Miss Kendal danced together. There was even a tender special moment as my father took the stage and I got to dance with my very own papa :) 


 






It is a cherished memory and I am so thankful I had this night and opportunity to reflect on all that I have done and thank the people who have helped me along the way.

I am so proud of the new Miss Orem, Sydney Flangian. Her being a part of my royalty, I know that I am leaving the city in good hands. She is so beautiful and driven, I can only expect great things to come!



My heart swells at the thought of the connections I have made, new friendships and cherished memories. 
I would have never discovered all of what Orem City holds without these opportunities. I cannot express the immense gratitude I feel. While I close this chapter of my life I feel that I am on the path towards new adventure. I guess then it’s not Goodbye… Just See you Later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment