Saturday, May 12, 2012

First Ribbon Cuttings

Little did I know.. that I would hit the ground running! 


This past week Maddi & I officially helped in our first Ribbon Cuttings of the year. 

First stop was CTR Clothing...

Pulling into the parking lot, I was so nervous! It was my first public appearance as Miss Orem, but after walking into the store I realized I had nothing to worry about, I mean how scary is a smiling face dressed with a shirt and tie?

 Have you ever seen scissors so big? They are hard to even hold up, it took some muscle power.


And after seeing this beauty... The celebrating really began!
Fun fact about Amy: I have a guilty pleasure for sweets, especially Cake! I didn't mind having a piece, or two. 







 Always a friendly face in seeing Mayor Evans! We didn't even plan the matching outfits, this just proves that great minds think alike:)

I had a blast in meeting and spending my morning with CTR Clothing. I have no doubt that they will find success in their store... From ties to collar extenders, they seem to have anything a future missionary would need! You can find out more about CTR Clothing at:


Literally just around the corner...

Our next Ribbon Cutting was at Smoke House BBQ and Burgers:
We are Lucky because we snipped the ribbon on the first try! I've been told those ribbons can be stubborn sometimes.














Maddi & I weren't the only royalty in attendance, we were honored in meeting Miss Wheelchair Utah, Masha Flinn. What a loving young lady!
I really enjoyed being able to share my day with her.











I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be apart of businesses and their opening days. Meeting with the owners, I see the passion in what they are trying to do.
Not only was my pork sandwich delicious, but I was able to learn a little more about Smokehouse and their ambitions. Their work is dedicated in aiding those with disabilities.


In eating there, I felt a warming atmosphere and without a doubt I will be stopping by for some lunch again soon!


















You can find out more about Smokehouse at:





 Though busy, I wouldn't want to have life any other way!





No comments:

Post a Comment