Saturday, June 18, 2011

Parades!

I LOVE PARADES! I have been going to parades my whole life. I find them exciting, fun and entertaining. I like parades even more now! (From left to right is Brittany, Sydney, Hannah, Monique and Sheri).
This was our first parade - the Springville Parade last Saturday. Our float won the Grand Prize!

Little Miss Orem, McKyla Strong, is five-years old and is the daughter of Kirk and Karen Strong. She is an amazing princess who loves to dance and smile.

We make a great team.

Look at all the details of the Orem City float. It is amazing. Our theme this year is "The World is our Stage"


Before the parades begin we have time to hang out, laugh and meet the other city Royalty's. That's one of my favorite parts.





Our second parade was also last Saturday - the Orem Summerfest Parade. It was great having so many friends and neighbors calling out to us. Yeah Orem! By the way - our float won the Grand Prize in this parade too.


Today was the Pleasant Grove Strawberry Day's parade. FUN!


Next week is the Miss Utah Pageant. I'll be there cheering Bridget on.


Love, Miss Orem 2011

Hannah Harkness

4 comments:

  1. Your float looked amazing! It looks like you had lots of fun, and you looked beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Orem City float won the Grand Prize in both parades? Wow, congrats. It seems like it would be fun to be in the parade and waving to all the spectators, but it also could get very tiring. I remember Uncle Sam used to tease that he could wave better than most of the royalty; "elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist, wrist." I"m sure he'd be glad to give you some pointers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!! And beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Ad's- you've got it down! Yes, we won grand prize in both, so fun! I will have to tease Uncle Sam about that! :-)

    ReplyDelete