Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Miss Orem Pageant 2011







Wow! What an incredible experience! Being a part of the Miss Orem Scholarship Pageant was a blast. I have to say I have never experienced anything like it and every minute was such a thrill. I wish I could experience it all over again. I am so excited and look forward to the coming year. I can't wait to learn and grow from all the new opportunities and experiences.


So let me tell you a little about pageant night. The actual pageant goes by so quickly it's insane. In-between changes backstage clothes are flying, hairspray is everywhere, and before you know it you are back on stage. Being on stage is such a delight. My favorite part of the night was the opening dance number. Our theme this year was "Unveil Your Potential." So for the dance each one of us had our own face mask that we decorated to fit our personalities and at certain points during the dance we pulled the mask away from our face for a dramatic effect. The music we danced to was, "Phantom of the Opera" - the techno version. I dare you to look up the song on You Tube. Then you will see how fun and exciting it was. Kudos to our awesome choreographer Liz - you did a great job Liz!


Over all, my favorite part of the pageant was getting to know and love each one of the girls. We have been getting to know each other since March. Through all the preparation and work preparing for the pageant we have become one big family. It's incredible!


In the first week of being Miss Orem it has been a blast meeting with Bridget and learning about the different responsibilities of Miss Orem. Bridget is so remarkable and I have already learned so many marvelous things from her. As a fun side comment, I have known Bridget since I was 14. We took piano lessons from the same teacher. We actually competed as duet partners once. Bridget is a phenomenal girl and I look up to her in so many ways. Love you Bridget! You'll do great at the Miss Utah Scholarship Pageant. I will be there with your cheering section rooting you on.


Love, Miss Orem 2011

Hannah Harkness

1 comment:

  1. Oh hannah, you are such a sweetheart!! You will be a wonderful Miss Orem, and I look forward to watching you blossom this year :)

    ReplyDelete