Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day







On Monday I attended my first official function as Miss Orem - the Memorial Day Service at the Orem Cemetery. The rain and cold weather did not deter the faithful veterans as they set up and prepared for the event. My family has a tradition of visiting the graves of our ancestors every year but attending Orem's Memorial Day Program with the gun salute and all made me feel very patriotic and proud to be an American. I was especially moved by Major Wilbur Drake who told stories of his missions as a pilot during the 2nd World War. It was an amazing morning! Thank you veterans and service men and women for your sacrifices and for keeping American free.


Love Miss Orem 2011

Hannah Harkness

1 comment:

  1. What a neat experience. I can think of no better place to be on Memorial Day. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures as Miss Orem.

    ReplyDelete