Saturday, January 3, 2015

American Mothers Fashion Show

The American Mothers Association held a fashion show to encourage women to stay in school and pursue their education. Since I am friends with one of the women in charge, she wanted  me to recruit some other pageant queens to come and model a) everyday outfits, b) Sunday best, and c) an evening gown. It was held at UVU with the attendance of the national mother of the year, Utah's mother of the year and many other outstanding women from the state of Utah.












These beautiful girls were so sweet to help! Sydni (Miss Emery County) and Alyssa (Miss Eagle Mountain) had to travel quite a ways to get to UVU and so I greatly appreciated their attendance. Malissa (Miss Provo) and I on the other hand only had to drive a couple of minutes! I had so much fun with these girls and I loved the opportunity I had to get to know them better. I am so excited to go to Miss Utah with them!


In addition to this fashion show, I also went up to a Christmas party for the American Mothers Association where I got to sing a couple Christmas songs for them. The women in attendance were so impressive and classy, I loved being able to mingle and eat with them. The contributions they make and the talents they posses are incredibly inspiring. It was also fun to have my High School choir director in attendance, because she's such a great friend to me.

Along with all the other wonderful women there, I got to meet Janice Kapp Perry, who is one of my heroes! I love composing contemporary Christian music, like she does, so it was great to meet her and talk about a few of my aspirations in that aspect.

Love, Maddi Millard
Miss Orem 2014-2015

#createthegood
createthegood.org
 

No comments:

Post a Comment