Monday, July 11, 2011

Eyeshadow Secrets


Being Miss Orem for the past couple of months I have been exposed to all kinds of grooming tips (make-up, hair, body, etc.)

A couple weeks ago my Young Women's President (who has an AMAZING blog at, purplechocolathome.blogspot.com- you need to visit this page!) gave me the brilliant idea that during my year as Miss Orem I should share some of these tips and secrets on the blog. So I decided to start with eyeshadow, I learned so many new things it boggled my mind.


First, the #1 rule of eyeshadow… eyeshadow should always coordinate with your eyes, not your clothes. – this was new to me!

What Color of eye shadow would be best with your eye color?

(Above, is a basic color wheel.)

To figure out what color of eyeshadow would best compliment your eyes, go to the color opposite of your eye color.

(For example, I have green eyes, the colors I have learned that best compliment my eyes are soft pink/reds, purples, and light browns.)


I always enjoy learning new make-up tips! Later I post on how to apply eyeshadow, first I need to practice a little more……hehe.

I hope you all enjoy, (feel free to leave comments, it’s always fun to hear from you)

Love,

Miss Orem 2011

Hannah Harkness

2 comments: