Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mervyns Demolition

 
As part of the development of University Place, Mervyns was demolished so that a beautiful park could be build! This is a long-awaited event and it is was so exciting to be a part of.

The new Miss Orem and Teen royalties will be crowned this Saturday, so this was our last event all together before we give up our titles. I am so thankful that we have been able to get so involved with the city council and the University Place development this year. I can't wait for the project to be complete!


I want to give a huge thanks to my beautiful attendants. Their constant smile and optimism has made this year such a pleasure. They are so fun to work with and I could not ask for a better team to work with! Love you girls!!

The Woodbury family, the City Council, and the University Place staff are all represented in this picture, this demolition would not be possible without the teamwork of these brilliant people.
We got a front row seat to the first hits into the building.

Rob Kallas asked me if I knew how to use a sledgehammer...I got a little too excited about that. I was the only one who took a swing at the building without a helmet on! Everyone just figured that the crown would protect my head if anything should happen. I was thinking just the opposite, if anything I think it would catch onto things or crush my head... but we didn't have to worry about it because we were swinging those hammers safe and sound.


We could have swung at that wall all day. Our muscle power was super strong.



We love our mayor. He always makes us feel so welcomed and appreciated.

I am such a fan of these hats, I will be wearing this all summer long!



It's coming downnnnnn!


This little girl was so concerned with all the noise! We should have brought some earplugs.





We're going out with a BANG! What better way to end our year?

A huge thank you to Rob Kallas for all he does for the mall. He is one of my sponsors for Miss Utah and I truly appreciate his support for the Miss Orem program and for the city.

Love, Maddi Millard
Miss Orem 2014
 
createthegood.org
#createthegood
 
 

1 comment: